Workshop: "How to make a Supply Chain Lean"
Time: 09:00 – 12:00 | 17.05.2016
Venue: CFVG Building – 91 3/2 Street, Dis. 10, Ho Chi Minh City
- Prof. Dr. Ravi Shankar - Professor of CFVG MBA program
- Mr. Pham Ngoc Binh Long - Country Logistics Director - Schneider Electric Co.
The goal of every supply chain is to reduce cost and improve service-level. High service level is essential for companies to remain competitive in the market place. To do so, many supply chains are forced to increase their inventory level in all forms- raw material, work-in-process and finished goods. However, inventory results in blocked capital and therefore, leads to cost build-up.
In this workshop, we will discuss many strategies to reduce inventory in a supply chain. Some of these strategies are:
- Lead time compression
- Vendor-managed inventory
- Just-in-time system
- Staggered supplies
Prof. Dr. Ravi Shankar
- Professor at CFVG - MBA program
- Professor and Group Chair of Operations and Supply Chain Management at Indian Institute of Technology (I.I.T.) Delhi India, which is the highest-ranking Institute in India in technical and management education.
Mr. Pham Ngoc Binh Long
- Country Logistics Director - Schneider Electric Co.
- Professional in manufacturing and supply chain management for more than twelve years in Europe and Asia Pacific