Call for Paper
Social Enterprise is defined by Enterprise Law 2014 of Vietnam a type of business which has specific social and environmental objectives and commits to reinvest at least 51% of its profits to serve the identified social and environmental causes. The Ecosystem for social enterprise is known as elements, factors which support and promote the development of social enterprises, which include essentially market competition, legal and policy framework, financial instruments, human resource market, education and research activities, media communication and intermediaries. Social Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation start to be discussed widely in business and academic context.
International Conference “The Ecosystem for Social Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation”
March 17th& 18th, 2016
Conference Hall, Building 10, National Economics University, Hanoi, Vietnam
Social Enterprise is defined by Enterprise Law 2014 of Vietnam a type of business which has specific social and environmental objectives and commits to reinvest at least 51% of its profits to serve the identified social and environmental causes. The Ecosystem for social enterprise is known as elements, factors which support and promote the development of social enterprises, which include essentially market competition, legal and policy framework, financial instruments, human resource market, education and research activities, media communication and intermediaries. Social Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation start to be discussed widely in business and academic context. Social enterprise has become a movement in developed and developing economies. In Vietnam, it is emerging as a new business sector which use business model to solve social problem. However, academic publications in the field are still limited. In Vietnam, the legal framework is available, but supporting policies are lacking. Higher education is making effort to contribute to the development of the sector.
The conference is organized with the objectives of discussing in depth the current ecosystem for social enterprise in Vietnam, issues in starting up & managing social enterprises, what we can learn from the international experiences and provide macro and managerial recommendations to related stakeholders.Prospective authors are invited to submit abstracts and full papers on the following themes.
- Social enterprise ecosystem, legal framework and policy issues for social enterprise;
- Start-up social enterprises, social enterprise strategies, typologies, human resource management, financing sources, governance structure for social enterprise…;
- Business Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility, Corporate Philanthropy…;
- Teaching social enterprise and social entrepreneurship in universities and business schools;
- Case studies on social enterprise, social entrepreneurship and social innovation.
National Economics University, Hanoi, Vietnam
British Council Vietnam
French-Vietnamese Center for Management Education (CFVG)
In partnership with National Assembly of Vietnam, Economic Council
Submission of Abstracts
- Prospective authors are invited to submit their abstract reporting original unpublished research and recent developments in the topics related to the conference. Abstract must not exceed 500 words which include title, keywords, author and affiliation with email address.
- Full paper must comply with submission guidelines of the Journal of Economics & Development
- Submission Guideline
- Abstracts and full papersare to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Call for Paper:||December 21st, 2015|
|Abstract Submission:||January 10th, 2016|
|Full Paper Submission:||February 20th, 2016|
|Revised Paper Submission:||March 5th, 2016|
|Conference:||March 17th& 18th, 2016|
Prof. Tran Tho Dat, National Economics University, Vietnam
Prof. Young-bohk Cho, Research Institute of Social Enterprise, Pusan University, South Korea
Prof. Benjamin Gidron, (Emeritus), G. Glazer Faculty of Management, Ben Gurion University of the Negev; Professor of Social Enterprises, School of Business, College of Management Academic Studies (COMAS), Israel
Prof. Thomas Howard, Singapore Management University, Singapore
Prof. Jean-Louis Pare, French-Vietnamese Center for Management Education (CFVG), Vietnam
Asso. Prof. Mai Thai, HEC Montreal, Canada
Asso. Prof. RaymundHabaradas, De la Salle University, Philippines
Asso. Prof. Truong Thi Nam Thang, National Economics University, Vietnam
Dr Richard Hazenberg, Institute for Social Innovation and Impact, Directorate of Research, Impact and Enterprise, University of Northampton, UK
Dr Pathik Pathak, Southampton University, UK
Dr. Chandra Yanto, City Univesity of Hong Kong, China
Opportunities for Publication
Accepted papers will be included in the Conference Proceedings in CD form with ISBN number
Best papers will be reviewed and considered to be published in:
- A special issue of the Journal of Economics & Development in English (ISSN: 18590020) of the National Economics University – the most prestigious English Academic Journal in economics and business in Vietnam or
- A special issue of the Journal of Small Business and Entrepreneurship, ISSN: 0827-6331 (Print), 2169-2610 (Online), published by Taylor & Francis
Career Opportunity at CFVG: We are now seeking 01 Admissions Executive
CFVG to receive EPAS 5-year accreditation for its MBA and Master in Finance
Call for Papers: "Innovation and Entrepreneurship for Sustainable Development Goals: A journey of 5 years and the future ahead"